As part of my SLE role I was asked to organise a conference focusing on the key areas for development in this region. There is no doubt that Hull and East Riding is an enterprising and entrepreneurial region. This resulted in the STEAM Conference. I would like to thank the Humber EBP and Humber LEP for sponsoring the event.
The event aims were as follows:
- Academic, industry and national speakers • Find out more about STEAM – we are including ‘Arts’ within STEM as Hull is the City of Culture 2017
- Challenge and discuss STEAM – what does the future hold?
- Latest labour market information for the Humber region
- Consider the importance of STEAM development – for young people as well as industry
- Explore current educational resources and support available for the different key stages
- Discover a range of opportunities to engage and inspire young people
- Consider future opportunities for STEAM development and support in school
This event wouldn’t have been possible without the guest speakers who are leading experts in their field. Conversations and partnerships have already happened because of the Conference. It is only by working together that we can we achieve this. I urge you to talk about it but more importantly take action to make things happen.
Full report and presentations available here: